STUDENT VISA AND RESIDENCE PERMIT
According to the new regulations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, a student visa is not necessary for residence permit application. However, we recommend all Erasmus+ incoming students to consult their situation to Turkish Missions.
Student Visa, if needed, is available only through Turkish Embassies or Consulates outside of the Republic of Turkey and should be obtained before the student plans to arrive. Incoming students are recommended applying for the visa at least two months prior to the date of departure.
For education visas, students must submit documents as:
- A letter of acceptance given by the university in Turkey,
- Original passport (valid for at least one year),
- A completed visa application form,
- Recent passport-size pictures
- A non-refundable processing fee for the Turkish Consulate.
Erasmus+ students must apply for a residence permit within 30 days from their arrival in Turkey. Ankara University Erasmus+ Office assists Erasmus+ students during their residence permit application.
List of Required Documents
1) Residence Permit Application Form (must be printed on e-residence website}
2) Photocopy of passport (all processed pages and page with visa, with original approval confirmation)
3) Four (4) pieces of biometric photos
4) Valid Health Insurance (insurance period must cover the intended residence permit duration. One of the following document is considered as sufficient):
a.) E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document to be obtained from provincial social security units which states that the foreigner is benefiting from the the health services in Turkey within the scope of bilateral security agreements
b.) E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed provision document received from Social Security lnstitution (Provision documents to be received from Social Security lnstitution must be in such a manner that they must be both supportive and cover family members in family residence permits.)
c.) E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document of the application made to the Social Security lnstitution to become a general health insurance holder
d.) Private health insurance (The policy must have the expression of “This policy covers the minimum coverage stipulated in the circular no 16, dated 10.05.2016, on private health insurance required to be taken out for residence permit applications.”)
5) Student Document and Residence Permit lnformation Form (Must include the date of study and the date of possible graduation). It will be prepared by Erasmus+ office.
6) Address Document (lf you are staying in a dormitory; you must attach e-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document which shows that you are staying in a dormitory. lf you are staying in a rental house with a rental agreement, you need to submit a notary public approved copy of your rental agreement.)
7) Residence Permit Card Fee Receipt (125 TL for 2021)
8) Declaration of Income ( It would be declared in the application form)